At Boost, we are committed to supporting local bike shops everywhere. We want to enable retailers of any size to give their customers access to the e-bike experience.
With this in mind we've made our conversion system affordable and simple to fit. This means that without investing in a fleet of pre-built ebikes you can satisfy growing demand from the people who come through your door. Read on to find out more.
Benefit from the e-bike boom with the Boost kit
The Boost system is an exciting new e-bike conversion kit that can upgrade most hybrid, road and mountain bikes to electric. It has only two parts; a rear-hub motor and a battery pack, with only a single cable. The battery is lockable and removable. No electrical experience is necessary to install or support the kit.
After a pilot scheme with bike shops in 2021 we're ready to receive expressions of interest from local bike shops who would like to be the first retailer for in their local area. Please leave your email address now and we'll get back to you shortly.
- Help customers upgrade their existing bike to electric.
- Offer second-hand bikes as an e-bike option.
- Sell new bikes too, pre-converted to electric.
- Bring in a new source of revenue
With recommended retail price including installation of £695 (£580 +VAT) and a 30% trade margin, it's already become an attractive option for bike shops to benefit from the huge interest in e-bikes. We suggest you include a free bike safety check, with extra customer charges for any replacement parts & labour.
We recommend shops build your own wheels to maximise profitability; we are happy to organise custom build wheels from our wheel builder partners at no profit to ourselves. Custom built wheels cost £100 on top of the bare kit price (rim, spokes, labour, packaging & shipping from our wheel builder to you).
What is an Approved Retailer?
While some customers will be happy to convert their own bikes, we believe that the majority prefer a qualified professional to do the conversion and also offer a safety review of their bikes - maybe upgrade the brakes and replace the chain during the kit install.
The Boost system is designed from the ground up to be installed and maintained by bike shops.
Become an Approved Retailers for these benefits...
- Increased profits through e-bike conversions & services.
- Heavily reduced Boost parts.
- Promotion on the Boostbike.uk website and our marketing.
- Guaranteed geographic area (no other shops too nearby).
- Minimal investment.
- Priority on main stock ordering.
- Discounted LaVita group parts (cassettes, groupsets, LaVita Bikes, etc.)
Introductory Approved Retailers package
We're offering the following to our first retailers. No commitment is necessary in order to join the priority list.
- Be the only approved retailer in your area
- Free Boost Expert Training Course.
- Your first three kits (battery, motor, controller) for a reduced price.
- Free six-month buyback insurance (we will buy back any stock from this package if unsold after six months for the original purchase price.)